Guidelines for visiting scholars at CIRCLE
CIRCLE provides PhD students and senior scholars with the opportunity to apply for a research visit. The aim is to promote joint research collaborations and foster the exchange within the innovation studies community. In order to facilitate academic exchange, each visiting scholar will be assigned a mentor. Research visits typically last between two weeks and six months, although exceptions are possible. All applications are evaluated by CIRCLE’s Visiting Scholar Committee (VSC).
Requirements and conditions:
· Good fit between the scholar’s research topics and CIRCLE research themes
· All expenses have to be covered by the scholar or her/his home organization. For all scholars holding at least a PhD-degree CIRCLE needs to impose an office fee for the period of the stay.
Each application should include the following documents:
· Letter of motivation outlining the fit of one’s research with CIRCLE activities (ideally including one or two potential mentors at CIRCLE)
· Short description of a collaborative research project/topic to be conducted during the visit (max. 1 page)
· Written statement of the awareness that CIRCLE will not provide financial support
The VSC aims at evaluating your application and informing you about the decision within one month.