NEW! Application date moved to June 18
Faculty research grants on innovation themes for associated and senior lecturers
The Faculty of Engineering, in collaboration with CIRCLE, announces up to two independent research grants on topics related to innovation research. The candidate is required to choose a research topic which can be linked to one or more of the seven CIRCLE research themes.
The grant covers 100,000 SEK of direct wage costs for a year, with the possibility to extend by one additional year. The successful candidate is expected to add parts of her or his faculty funded research time to the granted 10% percent. The anticipated starting date is September 15, 2021.
- Work towards a larger research agenda on either innovation theme, as well as work on concrete ideas about research projects and activities to realize the agenda.
- A multi-disciplinary research proposal is drafted and ready for submission.
- Contribute to the multi-disciplinary research environment at CIRCLE by participating in seminars and events (approximately once a week presence).
Associated and senior lecturers employed at the Faculty of Engineering are eligible for the grant.
Include in the grant proposal:
- Justification and formulation of a research idea.
- Explanation how the research idea relates and adds to the applicant’s current research activities and the selected CIRCLE themes.
- Reflections about the extent to which the research idea would benefit of multi-disciplinary contributions from within LTH but also from other faculties hosting CIRCLE.
- A full CV
- The approval of the head of department (or equivalent) certifying that
- a reduction of other work duties is possible and
- overhead costs will be covered by the sending department.
Maximum length of application is two pages – excluding CV and approval letter.
Applications are assessed by the CIRCLE management group.