CIRCLE provides PhD students and senior scholars with the opportunity to apply for a research visit. The aim is to promote joint research collaborations and foster an exchange within the innovation studies community. In order to facilitate the academic exchange, each visiting scholar will be assigned a mentor. Research visits typically last between two weeks and six months, although exceptions are possible. All applications are evaluated by CIRCLE’s Visiting Scholar Committee (VSC).
Requirements and conditions
- Good fit between the scholar’s research topics and CIRCLE research themes.
- All expenses have to be covered by the scholar or her/his home organization. For all scholars holding at least a PhD-degree CIRCLE needs to impose an office fee for the period of the stay.
CIRCLE follows the practice of assigning each visiting scholar a scientific mentor and contact person at CIRCLE, to ensure that the research stay is well organised and leads to a stable mutual exchange. The VSC must reject all applications where no mentor can be found. Prior to submitting the application, it is therefore highly recommended that the applicant contacts a suitable mentor to ensure availability and willingness to support the proposed research project and stay.
Send your application by e-mail to Torben Schubert firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each application should include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation outlining the fit of one’s research with CIRCLE activities (ideally including one or two potential mentors at CIRCLE)
- Short description of a collaborative research project/topic to be conducted during the visit (max. 1 page)
- Written statement of the awareness that CIRCLE will not provide financial support
The VSC aims at evaluating your application and informing you about the decision within one month.